Secrets of Instrument Approaches and Departures
"Things Your Instructor Never Told You About IFR Charts and Procedures"
8-Hours of Interactive eLearning - Copyright 2020/Updated to 2021. THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE. You have lifetime access and this course is always current and updated frequently.
CLICK Video Icon to the left (or tab above) to learn how to access your eLearning course. These eLearning courses work on all iThingy devices, Android devices, laptops and PCs. Please use Chrome browser to access eCourse links.
- IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LOGGING IN, CLEAR YOUR BROWSER'S CACHE!
Rod Machado's NEW 8-hour interactive eLearning course titled, Secrets of Instrument Approaches and Departures is now available! If you’re an active IFR pilot or preparing for an IPC or even your ATP or IFR rating, then this course is for you. Why? Because the IFR pilot’s weakest link is approach and departure knowledge as it relates to instrument charts.
I've spent many many years of traveling around the country discussing instrument procedures with GA and Airline pilots. During that time it became apparent to me that pilots were asking very similar questions about things for which they couldn't find answers but needed to know to fly IFR safely and confidently. Well, that's what this course is about—providing answers to these questions and more. So let me be your instrument knowledge resource here in this eight-hour course. I know you’ll find it educational, interesting and thought-provoking, regardless of your ratings or skill level.
Here is a brief outline of course contents:
2. Inside the Briefing Strip - 6 videos, quiz
3. Having What It Takes: Equipment Needed to Fly the Approach - 12 videos, quiz
4. Plan Views and Profiles: How to Get There From Here - 14 videos, quiz
5. Course Reversals: Turning Around Without Getting Turned Around - 12 videos, quiz
6. DAs, MDAs & the ALS: How Low Can You Go? - 16 videos, quiz
7. LNAV, APVs & RNPs: Demystifying RNAV (GPS) Approaches - 16 videos, quiz
8. To the Airway and Beyond: Instrument Departure Strategies - 13 videos, quiz
Note: Purchased eLearning courses are accessible anytime from the "Customer Login" section, after you log in.
Here’s how to access your eLearning course.
PLEASE USE THE FREE CHROME BROWSER ONLY TO ACCESS COURSE LINKS
First, if you don't have the Google Chrome browser on your iPad, then go to the Apple store and download it via this link. It turns out that the Safari browser on the iPad doesn't work properly with these courses.
Next, using the Google Chrome browser on your iPad (or on your Android device), I want you to set up an account (if you haven't already done so) on my website at (www.rodmachado.com) using the email address you used to order the course. In the top right-hand column of my website you’ll see the “Log in or sign up” link:
Click it and go to the “New Customers” window and click “Register Now.”
Input your email address, first and last name and select a password. When done, log into your account and you’ll see the links to your eLearning course.
- Visit www.rodmachado.com using your iPad, Android Tablet, or desktop browser, depending on the device(s) you want to use when viewing this course. You can view this course on all your devices.
- If you already have an account on Rod Machado’s site, then log in using the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right-hand side of Rod Machado’s home page. You’ll find your link to the course in your account window.
- If you’ve purchased the course but don’t have an account, then click the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right-hand side of Rod Machado’s home page and, under the “New Customers” box, click the red “Register now” button. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE. (If you don’t do this you won’t see your course!).