Secrets of Instrument Approaches and Departures
"Things Your Instructor Never Told You About IFR Charts and Procedures"
8-Hours of Interactive eLearning - Copyright 2019/Updated 2019
CLICK Video Icon to the left (or tab above) to learn how to access your eLearning course. Course can only be downloaded to iPads or Android tablet devices. PCs and Laptops require internet connection.
Rod Machado's NEW 8-hour interactive eLearning course titled, Secrets of Instrument Approaches and Departures is now available! If you’re an active IFR pilot or preparing for an IPC or even your ATP or IFR rating, then this course is for you. Why? Because the IFR pilot’s weakest link is approach and departure knowledge as it relates to instrument charts.
I've spent many many years of traveling around the country discussing instrument procedures with GA and Airline pilots. During that time it became apparent to me that pilots were asking very similar questions about things for which they couldn't find answers but needed to know to fly IFR safely and confidently. Well, that's what this course is about—providing answers to these questions and more. So let me be your instrument knowledge resource here in this eight hour course. I know you’ll find it educational, interesting and thought provoking, regardless of your ratings or skill level.
Here is a brief outline of course contents:
2. Inside the Briefing Strip - 6 videos, quiz
3. Having What It Takes: Equipment Needed to Fly the Approach - 12 videos, quiz
4. Plan Views and Profiles: How to Get There From Here - 14 videos, quiz
5. Course Reversals: Turning Around Without Getting Turned Around - 12 videos, quiz
6. DAs, MDAs & the ALS: How Low Can You Go? - 16 videos, quiz
7. LNAV, APVs & RNPs: Demystifying RNAV (GPS) Approaches - 16 videos, quiz
8. To the Airway and Beyond: Instrument Departure Strategies - 13 videos, quiz
Note: Purchased eLearning courses are accessible anytime from the "Customer Login" section, after you log in.
Here’s how to access your eLearning course.
First, if you don't have the Google Chrome browser on your iPad, then go to the Apple store and download it via this link. It turns out that the Safari browser on the iPad doesn't work properly with these courses.
Next, using the Google Chrome browser on your iPad (or on your Android device), I want you to set up an account (if you haven't already done so) on my web site at (www.rodmachado.com) using the email address you used to order the course. In the top right hand column of my web site you’ll see the “Log in or sign up” link:
Click it and go to the “New Customers” window and click “Register Now.”
Input your email address, first and last name and select a password. When done, log into your account and you’ll see the links to your eLearning course. You can view this course on any browser. If you want to download the course to your iPad or your Android tablet for permanent off-line use, then you’ll have to follow the directions shown below (or watch the video below) for complete instructions.
- Visit www.rodmachado.com using your iPad, Android Tablet, or desktop browser, depending on the device(s) you want to use when viewing this course. You can view this course on all your devices.
- If you already have an account on Rod Machado’s site, then log in using the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page. You’ll find your link to the course in your account window.
- If you’ve purchased the course but don’t have an account, then click the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page and, under the “New Customers” box, click the red “Register now” button. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE. (If you don’t do this you won’t see your course!)
- If you’d like to have the course permanently downloaded onto your iPad or Android tablet device, then download the FREE Articulate Mobile Player App or the FREE Android Articulate Mobile Player App onto your iPad or Tablet device. Then visit www.rodmachado.com USING your iPad or Android tablet, log into your account and click the link to your course (please make sure you log into your account using the email address used when purchasing this course, otherwise your course(s) won't be present). You’ll be asked if you want to “Launch” the course in the Articulate player. Click “Launch” and the course will open in the player. When you visit the player’s library and click the course icon, you’ll be asked if you want to permanently download the course to your iPad/Tablet device. Click “Yes” and the course will downloaded. If you don't have room on your tablet device for the course, just unclick this button and you'll be able to stream the course at your leisure in a Wi-Fi area or via your device's data plan. Please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal when attempting to download the course permanently to your device.