Radar Imagery Explained-Interactive eLearning Course
NEW! Radar Imagery Explained - $49.95 (2.5 Hrs.)
This Is an Interactive eLearning Program
Welcome to this interactive eLearning course on understanding the uplinked cockpit radar imagery you receive on your moving map display. Most likely you’re interested in this course because you’re interested in knowing the meaning behind the many different colors you see on your cockpit weather display. That's what this course is about.
In this course you'll learn about:
- The basics of radar theory.
- Gust/turbulence probability prediction.
- Why 40 dBZs of reflectivity is such a critical value for all aircraft.
- Estimating rainfall rates to predict in-flight turbulence.
- Interpreting the color values of different NEXRAD displays.
- How different weather vendors use different color scales on their uplinked weather.
- The strengths/weaknesses of uplinked weather.
- About ASR-9/ASR-11 approach control radar and convective weather prediction.
- Center's WARP radar system and Nexrad radar returns.
- Real time STARS weather radar information.
- All eLearning courses come with accompanying text in "Notes" section of player.
- Each course section comes with quizzes to test your knowledge.
- And much, much more.
This course is intended to help you identify the convective weather that you would be wise to avoid and how to "avoid it" through the use of cockpit radar imagery. This is an essential course for all IFR pilots who use uplinked cockpit weather. It’s also a valuable course for any VFR pilot with uplinked cockpit weather who wants to make better convective weather avoidance decisions in visual meteorological conditions.
Note: Purchased eLearning courses are accessible anytime from the "Customer Login" section, after you log in. Please click the "How to View This Course" tab below and learn how to use your tablet device for best viewing.
Thank you so much,have to say they are best and easy to understand programs I have ever had.
Good morning, WOW, what a great course! Over the years I have taken many, many radar courses and seminars from all the big guns in the biz and none of them can hold a candle to Rod's course. Thank you for this product!
I have purchased several of your books and videos over the years. I recently downloaded the Radar Imagery course from PilotWorkshops, and then discovered that other courses are available, which I also purchased from your website. Great stuff! The content and presentation are thorough and effective; keep them coming!
How to View (Find) Your eLearning Course
1. Visit www.rodmachado.com using your iPad, Android Tablet, or desktop browser, depending on the device(s) you want to use when viewing this course. You can view this course on all your devices.
2. If you already have an account on Rod Machado’s site, then log in using the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page. You’ll find your link to the course in your account window.
3. If you’ve purchased the course but don’t have an account, then click the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page and, under the “New Customers” box, click the red “Register now” button. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE. (If you don’t do this you won’t see your course!)
4. If you’d like to have the course permanently downloaded onto your iPad or Android tablet device, then download the FREE Articulate Mobile Player App or the FREE Android Articulate Mobile Player App onto your iPad or Tablet device. Then visit www.rodmachado.com USING your iPad or Android tablet, log into your account and click the link to your course (please make sure you log into your account using the email address used when purchasing this course, otherwise your course(s) won't be present). You’ll be asked if you want to “Launch” the course in the Articulate player. Click “Launch” and the course will open in the player. When you visit the player’s library and click the course icon, you’ll be asked if you want to permanently download the course to your iPad/Tablet device. Click “Yes” and the course will downloaded. If you don't have room on your tablet device for the course, just unclick this button and you'll be able to stream the course at your leisure in a Wi-Fi area or via your device's data plan. Please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal when attempting to download the course permanantly to your device.