Handling In-Flight Emergencies eLearning Course
NEW! Six Hour Interactive Course on Handling In-flight Emergencies
Sale Special $89
Copyright 2019/Updated to 2019
CLICK Video Icon to the left (or tab above) to learn how to access your eLearning course.
(All eLearning Courses can be viewed online or downloaded to your iPad or Tablet device.)
Welcome to Rod Machado's interactive eLearning course on handling in-flight emergencies. If you've ever wondered whether or not you could handle some of the more common and rare in-flight emergencies a pilot might experience, then this is the course that will train you to do so. Rod provides practical strategies for dealing with these emergencies and does so in a fun, interesting and highly educational way. Not only are these ideas presented with animation, you'll also see actual, in-flight demonstrations of certain emergency procedures. This six-hour course also contains questions to test your knowledge. You can even download the course to your tablet device for off-line viewing. The following are some of the topics covered in this course.
- Preventing structural failures.
- Handling runaway airspeed conditions.
- Identifying and stopping in-flight flutter.
- Preventing loss of control in IMC.
- Why maneuvering speed is not what you think it is.
- Handling split flap conditions.
- Dealing with aileron and rudder failure.
- The six ways to control pitch when the elevator fails.
- What to do if a propeller blade fractures.
- How constant speed props can fail and how to manage this.
- How to actually check the constant speed propeller's governor.
- What to do when a constant speed propeller overspeeds.
- What to do when a door/window opens in flight.
- Identifying and handling ground-based fires during engine start.
- Identifying and handling electrical fires in flight.
- Dealing with engine fires in flight.
- Dealing with wing fires in flight.
- Dealing with cabin fires in flight.
- The safest clothing a pilot can and should wear in flight.
- Using your cockpit's fire extinguisher.
- Understanding your airplane's electrical system.
- Handling an overcharging alternator.
- Handling an undercharging alternator.
- How long will your airplane's battery last during electrical failure?
- Autopilot problems and how to identify and deal with them.
- Handling carburetor icing.
- Dealing with induction system icing.
- What to do when your engine quits.
- How to ditch an airplane.
- How to crash and survive the impact.
- How to properly decelerate your airplane during an emergency landing.
- How to make an emergency landing.
- Attempting engine restart after engine failure.
- Picking a good emergency landing site.
- The airplanes pilot/passenger restraint system.
- Exiting the airplane after the emergency landing.
- Post crash fires and how to prevent them.
Gear up landings and how to do them if necessary.
Rod Machado makes learning fun with his educational and enjoyable interactive eLearning courses. You're sure to enjoy this program and learn a lot in the process.
Here’s how to access your eLearning course.
- You can view any eLearning course on one or more of your personal electronic/computing devices. To view this course on an iPad or Android tablet you must download the Free Articulate Mobile player first (see #3).
- Open your Chrome browser (use Chrome to access these courses) and visit rodmachado.com. Go to the top right side of this page and log into your account or create an account USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE (if you don’t do this you won’t see your course!). Course links are found in the account window.
- If you’d like to have the course permanently downloaded onto your iPad or Android tablet device, then download the FREE Articulate Mobile Player or the FREE Android Articulate Mobile Player App onto your iPad or Tablet device. Then visit www.rodmachado.com USING your iPad or Android tablet, log into your account and click the link to your course (please make sure you log into your account using the email address used when purchasing this course, otherwise your course(s) won't be present). You’ll be asked if you want to “Launch” the course in the Articulate player. Click “Launch” and the course will open in the player. When you visit the player’s library and click the course icon, you’ll be asked if you want to permanently download the course to your iPad/Tablet device. Click “Yes” and the course will downloaded. If you don't have room on your tablet device for the course, just unclick this button and you'll be able to stream the course at your leisure in a Wi-Fi area or via your device's data plan. Please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal when attempting to download the course permanently to your device.