Understanding Airspace - Interactive eLearning Course
Understanding Airspace for All Pilots- $29.95 (3 Hrs., 05 Min)
All products meet new ACS standards. Copyright 2020/Updated to 2020
CLICK Video Icon to the left (or tab above) to learn how to access your eLearning course. These eLearning courses work on all iThingy devices, Android devices, laptops, PCs and require an internet connection for access.
Rod Machado's course on Understanding Airspace for all Pilots is a fun-filled course that helps all pilots better understand our present airspace system and a pilot's obligation when operating within it. This course is designed for anyone interested in passing their private, commercial or CFI knowledge or practical exam. It's also a valuable course for rusty pilots desiring to regain their currency. But this isn't just another course on airspace. It's a detailed, fun-filled course that provides explanations as to "Why" the airspace exists the way it does. It's not enough to know the rules. It's also very important to know the reason behind them.
In this course you'll learn everything that you would learn in a traditional airspace course including the following:
- Why the modern airspace system is constructed the way it is.
- Why Class A airspace begins at 18,000 feet (FL180).
- Why Class E begins at either 700' or 1,200' AGL.
- Why SVFR minimums are 1 mile and clear of clouds.
- Why VFR in Class E below 10,000' is 3 miles.
- Why VFR cloud clearance is often higher above than below the clouds.
- Why VFR in Class G below 700' is 1 mile and clear of clouds.
- Why pilots can estimate their own flight visibility for SVFR ops at satellite airports.
- A great lesson on the history of our airspace system in the United States.
- And so much more!
- All eLearning courses come with accompanying text in "Notes" section of player.
- Each course section comes with quizzes to test your knowledge.
Note: Purchased eLearning courses are accessible anytime from the "Customer Login" section, after you log in.
Here’s how to access your eLearning course.
First, if you don't have the Google Chrome browser on your iPad, then go to the Apple store and download it via this link. It turns out that the Safari browser on the iPad doesn't work properly with these courses.
Next, using the Google Chrome browser on your iPad (or on your Android device), I want you to set up an account (if you haven't already done so) on my web site at (www.rodmachado.com) using the email address you used to order the course. In the top right hand column of my web site you’ll see the “Log in or sign up” link:
Click it and go to the “New Customers” window and click “Register Now.”
Input your email address, first and last name and select a password. When done, log into your account and you’ll see the links to your eLearning course. You can view this course on any browser. If you want to download the course to your iPad or your Android tablet for permanent off-line use, then you’ll have to follow the directions shown below (or watch the video below) for complete instructions:
- Visit www.rodmachado.comusing your iPad, Android Tablet, or desktop browser, depending on the device(s) you want to use when viewing this course. You can view this course on all your devices.
- If you already have an account on Rod Machado’s site, then log in using the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page. You’ll find your link to the course in your account window.
- If you’ve purchased the course but don’t have an account, then click the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page and, under the “New Customers” box, click the red “Register now” button. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE. (If you don’t do this you won’t see your course!)
If you’d like to have the course permanently downloaded onto your iPad or Android tablet device, then download the FREE Articulate Mobile Player App or the FREE Android Articulate Mobile Player App onto your iPad or Tablet device. Then visit www.rodmachado.com USING your iPad or Android tablet, log into your account and click the link to your course (please make sure you log into your account using the email address used when purchasing this course, otherwise your course(s) won't be present). You’ll be asked if you want to “Launch” the course in the Articulate player. Click “Launch” and the course will open in the player. When you visit the player’s library and click the course icon, you’ll be asked if you want to permanently download the course to your iPad/Tablet device. Click “Yes” and the course will downloaded. If you don't have room on your tablet device for the course, just unclick this button and you'll be able to stream the course at your leisure in a Wi-Fi area or via your device's data plan. Please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal when attempting to download the course permanently to your device.