Basic Aerodynamics - Interactive eLearning Course
Basic Aerodynamics - The Wing is the Thing - $29.95 (3 Hrs.)
All products meet new ACS standards. Copyright 2019/Updated to 2020. You have lifetime access and this course is always current and updated frequently.
CLICK Video Icon to the left (or tab above) to learn how to access your eLearning course. These eLearning courses work on all iThingy devices, Android devices, laptops and PCs. Please use Chrome browser to access course links.
This is a basic course in aerodynamics that incorporates Rod Machado's Laugh and Learn teaching style. It's an excellent course for anyone pursuing a sport, recreational or private pilot certificate. It's also an excellent course to help flight instructor applicants develop their teaching strategy and style.
Here are some of the things you'll learn in this course:
- How lift develops.
- Why lift still equals weight in a climb or descent.
- Why excess power allows an airplane to climb.
- The relationship between airspeed and angle of attack.
- Why stall speed increases in a banked turn.
- Why a spin occurs and how to recover from one.
- The details of parasite and induced drag.
- Why induced drag decreases as the angle of attack increases.
- Why maximum endurance and range speeds are different.
- How maneuvering speed varies with weight and why.
- How the airplane's V-g stress envelope is constructed.
- All eLearning courses come with accompanying text in "Notes" section of player.
- Each course section comes with quizzes to test your knowledge.
- And much, much more.
Purchased eLearning courses are accessible anytime from the "Customer Login" section, after you log in.
Here’s how to access your eLearning course.
First, if you don't have the Google Chrome browser on your iPad, then go to the Apple store and download it via this link. It turns out that the Safari browser on the iPad doesn't work properly with these courses.
Next, using the Google Chrome browser on your iPad (or on your Android device), I want you to set up an account (if you haven't already done so) on my web site at (www.rodmachado.com) using the email address you used to order the course. In the top right hand column of my web site you’ll see the “Log in or sign up” link:
Click it and go to the “New Customers” window and click “Register Now.”
Input your email address, first and last name and select a password. When done, log into your account and you’ll see the links to your eLearning course. You can view this course on any browser. If you want to download the course to your iPad or your Android tablet for permanent off-line use, then you’ll have to follow the directions shown below (or watch the video below) for complete instructions:
- Visit www.rodmachado.com using your iPad, Android Tablet, or desktop browser, depending on the device(s) you want to use when viewing this course. You can view this course on all your devices.
- If you already have an account on Rod Machado’s site, then log in using the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page. You’ll find your link to the course in your account window.
- If you’ve purchased the course but don’t have an account, then click the “Log-in or sign up” link at the top right hand side of Rod Machado’s home page and, under the “New Customers” box, click the red “Register now” button. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER USING THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE COURSE. (If you don’t do this you won’t see your course!)
- If you’d like to have the course permanently downloaded onto your iPad or Android tablet device, then download the FREE Articulate Mobile Player App or the FREE Android Articulate Mobile Player App onto your iPad or Tablet device. Then visit www.rodmachado.com USING your iPad or Android tablet, log into your account and click the link to your course (please make sure you log into your account using the email address used when purchasing this course, otherwise your course(s) won't be present). You’ll be asked if you want to “Launch” the course in the Articulate player. Click “Launch” and the course will open in the player. When you visit the player’s library and click the course icon, you’ll be asked if you want to permanently download the course to your iPad/Tablet device. Click “Yes” and the course will downloaded. If you don't have room on your tablet device for the course, just unclick this button and you'll be able to stream the course at your leisure in a Wi-Fi area or via your device's data plan. Please make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal when attempting to download the course permanently to your device.